TERMS & CONDITIONS
RESERVATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions below apply for reservations made by an individual, private person, group or corporate entity. The Harwelden Mansion (Mansion) reserves the right to apply special terms and conditions that differ from these in case of public holidays, special events, seasonality or additional services require so.
BOOKING AND CONFIRMATION
When reserving a room your name, address, arrival and departure time and method of payment are required. Government-issued I.D. is required and must match name on credit card used. A room reservation is binding once it has been confirmed verbally or in writing and you have received a reservation confirmation. The Mansion is entitled to apply different kinds of rules such as reservation fee or credit card guarantee in order to secure the reservation. If canceled prior the 14-day cancellation period, the Mansion will refund your payment to the credit card used for the initial booking minus credit card processing fees and a 10% cancellation fee.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The Mansion bedroom suite you booked is at your disposal from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival. On your departure day the room must be vacated by 11:00 am or be charged a late fee. The Mansion is entitled to apply exceptions on check-in and check-out times stated above. For safety reasons, only checked-in guests are allowed on private premises and the maximum capacity per room may not be surpassed (2 per Mansion suite and 4 per Carriage House Suite.) Exceptions are made on rare occasions for additional charges. The room will be reserved for you until 4:00 pm on the day of arrival unless other agreement has been made at the time of reserving or if the confirmed rate or reservation period does not include any other special terms. In case of arrival after 4:00 pm you can guarantee the reservation with a credit card or other method specified. Otherwise the Mansion can release the reserved room for sale after 4:00 pm. In case you arrive to the Mansion according to the arrival time agreed and the room you have reserved is not available, the Mansion is responsible to arrange you a replacement room (either on-site or at a replacement site) without extra charges.
Credit card guarantee is required for all bookings when confirming the reservation. Please provide a credit card to guarantee the booking, including the number of the card, date of expiration and name of the cardholder. Customers with an invoicing agreement may guarantee the reservation under a company name.
As an alternative method of guarantee, The Harwelden Mansion reserves the right to require either a complete or partial advance payment and deposit in order to guarantee the reservation. Amount of prepayment and a schedule for prepayment will be contracted with the customer in invoice.
CANCELLATION AND NO ARRIVAL
Unless otherwise agreed at the time of reservation, all reservations must be canceled at least 14 days prior to arrival to avoid 100% forfeiture of stay and forfeiture of refund.
The Mansion accepts most credit and debit cards. The total room fee includes room rate, credit card processing fees, state sales tax and city hospitality tax.
GUEST BEHAVIOR IN THE MANSION
We follow good manners, etiquette, and Mansion rules below on the interior and exterior of the property. In case of breaking these rules you will be immediately removed from the premises by staff or law enforcement. In such cases you are still obliged to pay for the accommodation and additional services ordered and fees assessed. You are not eligible to claim a refund for payments already made. For safety reasons, only checked-in guests are allowed on private Mansion premises such as bedroom suites and the maximum capacity per room may not be surpassed.
MANSION RULES FOR BEDROOM SUITE RENTAL
The Harwelden Mansion, a National Landmark, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Honoring the mansion’s history and current significance means we have high standards and expectations of those that use the mansion for their special event. It also means that there may be construction or maintenance work ongoing on certain parts of the Mansion at the time of your stay. Every effort will be taken to minimize impact.
- Certain rooms and outdoor spaces in the Harwelden may not be accessible to guests with mobility issues; every effort to make accommodations will be made, though the historic nature of the Mansion makes it impossible to render every space accessible.
- The Mansion is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not allowed anywhere indoors or outdoors on the Mansion’s grounds.
- No lanterns, torches, candelabras or any other items requiring open flame are permitted within the Harwelden property. Please consult with your event manager on minimal use of candles during your ceremony.
- LED or other battery-powered candles are an acceptable option, so long as they do not use halogen or other high-heat bulbs.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No weapons or firearms are allowed on Harwelden property.
- Application of hairspray, cologne, perfumes, aerosol sprays, and make-up is allowed only in designated dressing rooms (if provided for your event), the public restrooms located on the basement floor of the Mansion, or by stepping outdoors.
The setup will be done as you described and drew it. Any changes are your responsibility. Once submitted, you agree to not alter the rental time or diagram
- The Harwelden Mansion is not responsible for lost or broken property of its guests or clients.
- No parking in the adjacent private lots. Street parking on the Mansion’s side is acceptable.
- Staying in a suite may mean that an event is booked that may cause noise, commotion and disruption during your stay. Furthermore, booking the Mansion as a venue or event center may mean that other customers may have reserved other rooms or bedroom suites simultaneously.
RESPONSIBILITY ON YOUR VALUABLES
All bedroom suites are equipped with a safe for your use. Your valuables can be stored by a team member upon your request. The Mansion is entitled to collect a charge for storage of these items. In case the items you wish to store are exceptionally valuable you must notify the Mansion before storing. The Mansion may refuse to store this kind of valuables. The Mansion is not responsible for damage or disappearance of vehicles kept in the parking lot or the Mansion’s parking area or valuables inside the vehicle. The Mansion is obliged to clearly express that the parking area is not supervised and the Mansion is not responsible for the property kept in there.
GUEST’S RESPONSIBILITY ON DAMAGE
As a guest, you are responsible for damage caused on purpose or by accident by you and your guest(s) in the Mansion bedroom suites, common areas, gardens or any Mansion premises. This applies also to the Mansion’s furniture, decor, art, equipment, and other guests in the Mansion or their property. Additional or excessive housekeeping is an additional charge as well. Your credit card on file will be billed for such damages. The responsibility for caused damage is determined by fair market value and reasonable standards.
Only a person over the age of 18 is allowed to make a reservation. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times while on Mansion premises.