The Harwelden Mansion is delighted to present our monthly “Afternoon Tea at the Mansion” event. Join us for an afternoon filled with English tradition, sweet and savory delicacies, and live piano music! This event is from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM on March 1.
Traditional Etiquette Tips
- One person is elected to be a “mother.” They then pour the tea for everyone at the table.
- For English black tea, remember that milk is added after the tea.
- Set napkin on your lap with fold up, pat dab your mouth and leave on the chair, not on the table.
- One must eat the sandwiches first, and with fingers not cutlery.
- Scones should be broken in half by hand, not with a knife, and each half-eaten separately.
- One can spread scones how one prefers: the Devon way is cream first, jam on top. The Cornwall way is jam first, then the cream.
- We know it’s hard, but one must save those delightful cakes till last!
- Tea should be stirred gently back and forth, not in circular motions!
- Cups should be held with one’s thumb and index finger meeting in the handle and the handle resting on your middle finger. Fingers should not be hooked through.
- Never lift saucers from the table.
- Enjoy light and fun-filled conversation!
Note: Tickets and in-house program bookings such as Afternoon Tea or Historic Tours are refundable up to 14 days prior to the date with a 10% processing fee. After that, they can be transferred to a future event or booking.
Date: March 1, 2022
Time: 2:30 pm CST - 4:30 pm CST
Cost: $50.00 – $65.00
Event Tags: Afternoon Tea, English, English Tudor, English Tulsa, event center, Harwelden Mansion, Historic Tours, Historic Venue, Mansion, mansion life, Mansion Tours, Oklahoma, Tea, Things to do, Touring, Tourist, Tours, Travel, Travel Tulsa, tulsa