The Harwelden Mansion is delighted to present our “Afternoon Tea at the Mansion” events. Join us for an afternoon filled with English tradition, elegant table settings, sweet and savory delicacies, and live piano music! You can elect to add Pimm’s Cup Cocktail (promoted in 1840 London as a “health drink”) and sparkling Prosecco for Tea Royale for an additional $10. This event is from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM on May 16, 2023.
Traditional Etiquette Tips
- One person is elected to be a “mother.” They then pour the tea for everyone at the table
- For English black tea, remember that milk is added after the tea.
- Set napkin on your lap with fold up, pat dab your mouth and leave on the chair, not on the table.
- One must eat the sandwiches first, and with fingers not cutlery.
- Scones should be broken in half by hand, not with a knife, and each half-eaten separately.
- One can spread scones how one prefers: the Devon way is cream first, jam on top. The Cornwall way is jam first, then the cream.
- We know it’s hard, but one must save those delightful cakes till last!
- Tea should be stirred gently back and forth, not in circular motions!
- Cups should be held with one’s thumb and index finger meeting in the handle and the handle resting on your middle finger. Fingers should not be hooked through.
- Never lift saucers from the table.
- Enjoy light and fun-filled conversations!
Note: Tickets and in-house program bookings such as Afternoon Tea or Historic Tours are refundable up to a week prior to the date with a 10% processing fee. After that, they can be transferred to a future event or booking.
Date: May 16
Time: 2:30 pm CDT - 4:30 pm CDT
Venue: Harwelden Mansion
2210 South Main Street
Tulsa, OK 74114 United States
Cost: $50.00 – $69.00
Event Tags: Afternoon Tea, City, English Tea, Fun things to do in tulsa, Harwelden Mansion, historic mansion, Mansion, mansion life, Mother Daughter, Private Event, See Tulsa, Special Event, The church Studio, tour tulsa, tourism, tulsa, Tulsa Time, Winter Event