HARWELDEN SOCIETY OF TULSA
In 2020, the operations and programming of the Harwelden Mansion will be overseen by the 501c3, Harwelden Society of Tulsa. This newly-formed public charity aligns with the future plans and use of the mansion, allowing the facility to educate and inspire. The mission of The Harwelden Society of Tulsa is to research, preserve and share Tulsa’s rich history in a manner that honors the past, builds a bridge between generations and leaves a legacy for the future. Learn more here how you can support the mission.
Mansion Tours are a big hit at the mansion. Ever other Thursday, the public can enjoy tours of the mansion, grounds and carriage house. The walking tours end with a proper cup of English Tea and cookies. Guests learn about the Mansion’s history, the Harwell family, architecture, renovations and the Mansion’s programming. Staff and volunteer docents lead the tour. Learn more here.
The management team of Harwelden Mansion developed a volunteer program in 2019. Not knowing what to expect, we were thrilled to take on several. Through lots of dreaming and brainstorming, 2019 would not have been possible without the help and support of our dedicated volunteers! We are so thankful to have them be part of our team! If you enjoy history and enjoy teaching others, becoming a Harwelden Mansion volunteer could be in your future! Learn more here.
The Harwelden Mansion is an event center and boutique hotel. Mansion and garden tours are available. Individual rooms or entire floors can be rented. Six luxury bedroom suites are available to reserve for overnight guests. The mansion is ideal for weddings, corporate retreats, nonprofit fundraisers, art exhibits or musical performances to name a few. Outdoor tented events work out beautifully surrounded by native gardens and stunning landscape and riverfront views. Individuals and groups will enjoy the unique experience the mansion brings.
- Providing excellence in visitor, guest, and hospitality services.
- Infusing historical context, hospitality, and quality into its customer service, programming, culinary experiences, and tours.
- Recruiting and training a talented, diverse team of staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Ensuring the mansion is sustainable, safe, and accessible to all.
- Continuously listening, learning, and evolving our visitor and client experiences to exceed and anticipate the needs of our guests.
- Harwell Hall (grand entry)
- Grand Salon
- Garden Room
- Sun Room
- Tulsa Blue Nook
- Dining Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Primrose Suite
- Dogwood Suite (ADA compliant bedroom)
- Redbud Suite
- Lilac Suite
- Ice Suite (ice machine, beverage station, continental breakfast)
- Riverside Veranda
- Corporate Offices
- Sycamore Suite (1st level, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bath)
- Magnolia Suite (2nd level, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath)
- Club Room (board room)
- Green Room (sitting room)
- Mary's Chamber (bridal suite)
- Earl's Chamber (groom's suite)